Monday

Two Foolish Cats - Yoshiko Uchida



As an avid reader, I had never heard of Yoshiko Uchida until this assignment, I was anxious to read a book of his, but when I went to the library to check a book out, they had no books by him! Therefore, I checked at my school and we had no books by him either! My last resort was stopping at Barnes and Noble next time I was around one, and I finally found a few titles by him. The one I read was Two Foolish Cats.


Two Foolish Cats tells of the folktale of two kittens are best friends. The problem with their friendship is they are both wanting the same rice cake, and aren't willing to share. Instead of working the problem out themselves, they feel they must take their problem to someone who will help them find a solution. TIME OUT!! Ok, immediately, I related this to my everyday life! How many times have I had to go tell my sweet 2nd graders to try to solve their problems. They are friends one minute, and then can't work out their own problems the next minute.


Ok, so I kept reading the story and it came about that the monkey ended up tricking them and eating both the rice cakes.


I truly enjoyed this story and plan on buying it to read to my class next year. How easily we can all relate to Yoshiko Uchida's tale of Two Foolish Cats.

I didn't have much time, after I had already spent well enough time at Barnes and Noble, but I plan on reading more by Yoshiko in the future. I may ask my local library if they can get some through Inter-library loan for me!
If you would like to read other books by YoshikoUchida here is a book list for your enjoyment:



No comments:

Post a Comment