Monday

Bravo, Mia! by Laurence Yep



As a young girl, some of my favorite books were the American Girl series. My favorite American Girl was Samantha. I enjoyed reading her stories of living in the early 1900's Victorian Era. She was so classy, pretty, and always seemed to hold herself together even in the toughest of situations. For Christmas one year, Santa brought me my own Samantha doll with her whole bookset, I loved it!



Girls today not only have the historical American Girl dolls, but the Dolls of the Year which spotlight modern situations and clothing styles. Mia St. Clair is one of Dolls of the Year.






While reading about Mia, I have to say it just wasn't the same feeling as when I was a child reading about Samantha, Addie, Molly, Kit, and Kirsten. The storyline was about young Mia wanting to pursue figure skating to get out of the shadow of her older brother. How many of us can relate to how Mia was feeling? If you are a younger sibling, I am sure at some point you were compared to your older sibling. Did you feel like Mia?






If you read Bravo, Mia! and decide you would like to read other books by Laurence Yep, below is a link to all of his works of fiction that he has either written or contributed to.



Happy Reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment